Start the piece by explaining your relationship with the interview subject. (How do you know her? How did you meet? How has she impacted your life.) Model your interview after any magazine article
- Tell me a little bit about yourself. (How old are you? What was your family like?)
- How is it different being a woman today compared to when you were younger? How is it the same?
- What is the most scared you have ever been?
- What was the happiest moment of your life so far?
- What is the best/worst advice you’ve ever been given?
- Tell me about what you are most proud of yourself for.
- What is your biggest regret? Are than any opportunities you wish you had of taken but didn’t?
- How are things easier for a woman today than they were when you were younger? How are they more difficult?
- What one thing do you want young women and girls to know?
- Describe yourself in five words.
- Have you ever had to struggle for your voice to be heard? Tell me about that.
- Has there been a defining moment in your life? Tell me about that.
- What has made your life special?
These are suggested questions. You don’t have to use all of them, or even any of them, but they should give you an idea of the sort of questions we want to explore with our interview pieces. Above all, we want to hear the story that you find compelling! Help us connect with the woman you choose to interview.